Terms and Conditions
Full terms and conditions for Rebecca Jane Sugar Art are detailed below. By paying for your order (whether deposit or full amount) you are agreeing to the terms and conditions as listed below:
- Your initial deposit reserves your cake slot or position on a cake decorating course and is non refundable.
- The balance for your cake is due 14 days prior to the event. For cake orders received within 14 days of the event date, we require full payment at the time of booking.
- We must receive the balance by the due date indicated or our obligation to supply the cake ceases and the deposit will not be refunded.
- Any changes requested to the size, style or flavours of the cake must be submitted in writing.
- The date of your final payment is the final date for any changes of size, style or flavours of the cake. Any changes requested after this date cannot be guaranteed and may be subject to additional charges.
- We are not responsible for any damage to the cake after setup is complete. You are responsible for providing an appropriate table and environment for the cake(s). Cakes are heavy and require a sturdy table and cool room temperature.
- We are not liable for any delay or damage caused directly or indirectly by weather conditions, accidents, earthquakes, fire, failure of manufacturers to deliver and any other events beyond our reasonable control.
- If, for any reason, we are unable to complete the cake in accordance with the discussed design specifications we will contact you as soon as we become aware of this and offer an alternative design element. If this is not to your satisfaction then you will be entitled to a full refund of any money paid.
- You will be notified of any inedible items on the cake and it is your responsibility to pass this information on to your guests. Wherever possible we will notify your venue at the time of delivery.
- If fresh flowers are to be used on your cake these must be either provided by us or your florist and you acknowledge that fresh flowers are not a food product and may contain pesticides, insects and/or insecticides, dirt and/or other contaminants. All flowers must be arranged on the cake by Rebecca Jane Sugar Art to ensure they are prepared and inserted safely.
- If you or your representative elects to pick up and set up the cake you assume all liability and responsibility for the condition of the cake once it leaves our possession.
- It is usual for us to photograph our cakes and we reserve the right to use any photographs for display or promotion without compensation to you.
- All products are made in our home kitchen registered with Christchurch City Council which is monitored under a Food Control Plan.
- Our products may come into contact with milk, wheat, nuts and soy and other allergens. You agree to notify your guests of this risk and hold us harmless for any allergic reactions.
- If you are not entirely happy with your cake you must return it to us within 72 hours of the event date. We will not assume responsibility for any complaints where you cannot provide us with an adequate sample of the cake which clearly demonstrates the problem.
- You authorise us to use information collected from you and to collect information from third parties for purposes relating to performance under this contract.
- As defined by the Consumer Guarantees Act you are protected by this act. Acceptance of these conditions does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer. If you have any questions about these terms and conditions please contact us.
- If your event is cancelled or postponed and you no longer require our cake the following cancellation policy and fees applies:
More than 14-days before the event: Loss of deposit only
Less than 14-days but more than 72-hours prior to event: Loss of 50% of total cost of cake
Less than 72-hours before the event: Loss of 100% of total cost of cake